Friday 12 August 2011

Packing

#request @brower : Shout out to my lonely homie in Sicktoria

3 days, so terrifying, so exciting! At this point packing is the worst, and I am just wishing it were Monday morning and that there was nothing left to worry about.

Here's the sum of my packing issues...

1. Packing for 4 months in a suitcase I packed for 2 weeks of camp in: So I don't wanna brag, but I generally consider myself to be a pretty stylin' person. I like to think I generally look good and a little bit put together. I also don't like to wear the same outfit amid a 14 day span of time. That strategy worked fine in my adequately large suitcase for two weeks of working at summer camp, but it is yet to be determined as to whether this will work in this situation. This means that packing for 4 months and two different climates is quite the challenge. Maybe it's time for me to let that part of my clothing mentality go, but I will not accept that fate until I get around to actually trying to fit my clothes into my suitcase... Something I'm quite honestly terrified to try.

2. Stressing out about forgetting to pack things: Do I need a curling iron? Do I have my battery charger? Extra film? Where am I gonna fit my boots? So much worry, so little memory.

3. The desire to sleep instead of pack: But the issue here is that all of the soon to be contents of my suitcase are laid out on my bed, and I don't want to pack them until I finalize my clothing choices, and yet moving them all on to my floor will just mean I'll have to move them back onto my bed in the morning... The couch is lookin' pretty comfortable at this point.

4. Not being able to wear cool clothes cause I'm packing them: I might as well just play 'Paper Bag Princess' cause all I have left is my Tony the Tiger t-shirt and baseball shorts. Hawt.

So there ya have it. I hate packing... But all things considered, it's a pretty sweet trade for four months of seeing new things and learning new things and loving new things! 3 more sleeps!!!

1 comment:

  1. Good second entry. Since you haven't left yet, my mind considers this entry filler, but it's interesting, well-written filler. Most people would just mention they hate packing and move on, but you devote an entire entry to the subject and it works. It also provides some more insight into your mind, which is always welcome. So if you can make an entry about packing interesting and sort of compelling, that just continues to excite me for future entries. 7.9/10.

    ReplyDelete