Wednesday 17 August 2011

All Part of the Experience


What did I tell ya?

That's right, I dragged my family down to the theatre on Broadway to wait in a crowd for over an hour to get a picture of Daniel Radcliffe. I don't even really like him that much, but it's all part of the New York experience to have a celebrity sighting, right? It was quite the experience for sure, we saw 12 year old girls cry, one went as far as making up a disease to try and get to stand closer to his car, and we saw people shove into one another to get the best look at a celebrity. It was wild. Why do we even react that way towards people we've never met? Does just any type of closeness to someone popular make us feel cooler? I'm not sure, but clearly I fell under the spell of the rich and famous and decided to wait out an hour in the sweat and heat to take this creeper shot of Harry Potter. Being known is definitely a big dream in this town for a lot of people, even today I walked past the spot where Mark David Chapman shot one of the best musicians and advocates for peace the world has ever seen, solely to gain notoriety. I still don't fully understand the whole fame thing or where I stand with regards to it, but it's something to think about.

Anyways, my little brother was not super impressed with the crowds and the screaming girls, so I've gotta give Adam a shout out and say: I love you, man.

I'm still loving the city, last night we went to the Empire State Building and the nighttime view was magical. Central Park today was beautiful, and I truly do <heart3 NY. I plan to give a more detailed report on my other adventures in the Big Apple when it's not 2 a.m. our time.

Wish you were here!


1 comment:

  1. This blog entry is going to get bonus points because you actually got a picture of Daniel Radcliffe like you said in your last entry. Good job. I also like your musings on fame and the desire to be close to somebody famous, because that is a surprisingly big part of modern society. For something written at 2 AM, this is pretty good. I'm now expecting a more detailed report of your other adventures though and since you delivered on the Radcliffe photo, I expect you can deliver on that. 7.5/10 plus .5 points for the photo so 8.0/10.

    ReplyDelete